An Alternative to OTA Commissions
Hotels have started using social media effectively to help reduce dependency on Online Travel Agencies (OTAs). It is a great way to direct customers to the hotel’s website and reduce OTA commissions. Social media has provided a way for customers to discuss their experiences and give feedback. This facilitates word of mouth and hotel reviews in general. It makes a great alternative to hotel ratings and reviews provided by guests on OTAs. Social media also allows hotels to learn and interact with their customers in real time. This frequent interaction ensures a customer’s value and loyalty towards the hotel brand.
How hotels are using social media marketing effectively
Hotels are using a mix of different social media campaign strategies on various popular platforms such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram.
The most common social media campaigns are:
- Creating contests: Ask users to take snaps that showcase their personal experience at the hotel and use hashtags associated with the hotel.
- Providing services: Some hotels provide services for users when they use hashtags along with their location within the hotel.
- Rewarding programs – Few of the prestigious hotels provide reward points for interacting with them on social media.
- Discounts and offers – These promotional packages can easily be announced on social media platforms for immediate awareness.
- Promotional Events – Some of the best content is created during special events conducted in the hotels.
- Influencer Marketing – Collaborating with travel Influencers who have amassed a huge following on social media platforms. This creates compelling content for the hotel and for their followers.
- Using a selection of these campaigns can result in better-targeted coverage for the hotels.
By using these social media strategies hotels have better positioned themselves to receive direct online bookings from customers.
Connecting to Instagram Influencers is our speciality. Send us a message and we can connect you to our pre-vetted Swayy Influencers. For more information contact us or visit our page to learn more about the benefits of using Influencers for your social media campaign.